Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Little Girl Lost

Yesterday morning one of the campground visitors found this sweet girl in a park restroom.  We have no idea how long she was in there.  She had no collar and looked like she had recently nursed a litter of pups. She was very friendly.  No one in the campground recognized her.  She stayed up in the shade under a picnic shelter obviously waiting for her owners to come back.

I called the park rangers and told them I was going to try and locate a bulldog rescue and fortunately I found Pacific Northwest Bulldog Rescue based near Portland.   A wonderful lady named Christie and her two daughters stopped to use the restrooms and the dog jumped right in their car.   They wanted to help and after a couple of phone calls Christie agreed to take the dog to her home where Kidue from the rescue would meet her and pick up the dog.

This morning I got a text from Kodie saying she has her and she is safe. She will have her checked by their Vet and see if she is microchipped and to check her health.  If no one claims her in 30 days Christie and her daughters want to adopt her.  I hope it all works out and I will never understand how someone can just dump their pet like that.  At least they left her where she was safe and I'm glad we were here to help her.


No comments:

Post a Comment